Sunday, September 5, 2021

More Rhodes Crusader Castle

 

Courtyard at the Palace
 
As promised I am posting more pictures of the Castle/Palace.   Not much else to say here so I will just post pictures.  
Courtyard

View from the Castle window

Church within the castle

On the wall in the castle church

Very old church on the road up to the castle


Sign of the Mason's

 My grandfather, my father, my brother and my father in law were all Masons.  So I found the symbol of the Masons above this door on the road up to the castle interesting.  There is so much mystery and intrigue surrounding the Masons and the Knights Templar - I wonder if anyone knows all the stories anymore.  That period of time is endlessly fascinating.  With all our cruising I find that each place sends us down another rabbit hole - researching the area, the culture and the era of time.  And that in my view is one of the best by products of cruising!

No comments:

Post a Comment